The Beer and Health Publication Award 2020For the best, most remarkable scientific publication of 2020 focusing on moderate beer (or alcohol) consumption.
The Beer and Health Initiative offers an Award of €1,000 to the lead author of the best, most remarkable study published in 2020 focusing on moderate beer (or alcohol) consumption. Apart from the monetary prize, the winner may present his/her research findings during the next Beer and Health symposium. Application deadline 31 March 2021.
- The study focuses on the biomedical, nutritional or (psycho-)social aspects of moderate beer consumption (studies covering all alcoholic beverages, including beer, will also be accepted).
- Animal and cell studies have a low priority
- The article is published in a peer-reviewed journal in 2020
- The study preferably has a European focus.
- The (self)-nominated researcher is an Early Career Scientist: an undergraduate or postgraduate (Masters/PhD) student or a scientist who has received his or her highest degree (BSc, MSc, or PhD) within the past seven years. (Provided parental leave fell into that period, up to one year of parental leave time may be added per child, where appropriate)
- The (self)-nominated researcher is the (co)lead author of the study
Submission of application
An application can be submitted until 31 March 2021. To apply, the application form needs to be filled out, which contains a summary of the publication (max 300 words) and a short pleading as to why the research should be considered as the best, most remarkable of this year.
Before the deadline, the following documents should be submitted in English pdf format by e-mail to: email@example.com.
- The application form
- Curriculum Vitae of the applicant
- The publication
Selection of the winner
The Technical and Scientific Secretariat will make a pre-selection of all eligible applications submitted. Subsequently, the Scientific Committee will act as jury and select the one most outstanding.
Announcement of the winner
The winner will be announced mid-May 2021 and will receive a monetary prize of €1,000. He or she will be invited to present the research findings at the next Beer and Health symposium and to give a short interview that will be published on the Beer and Health website.
#No award will be made in case of insufficient applications and/or if proposals are not suitable
Beer and Health Initiative
The Beer and Health Initiative is a science-based Platform on the health effects of moderate beer consumption. The base of the Initiative is its up-to-date database, were all published scientific articles focusing on the biomedical, nutritional and psychosocial aspects of moderate beer and alcohol consumption are gathered. The initiative communicates about this scientific literature on the Beer and Health website, social media channels, publications and through a monthly newsletter. Also European Beer and Health Symposia are organised every two or three years.
The work and daily management are processed by The Technical and Scientific Secretariat. Though, the publications and activities of the Institute are thoroughly reviewed and endorsed by our Scientific Committee: six outstanding experts in alcohol research. The Beer and Health initiative is supported financially by The Brewers of Europe.