Young Scientist Award 2017Call for Abstract: Beer in a healthy lifestyle
The Organising Committee of the 8th European Beer and Health Symposium invites scientists aged below 35 years old to submit abstracts and apply for the 2nd edition of the YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD. This Award is designed to acknowledge research contributions that further the development and knowledge regarding the health effects of moderate consumption of beer, and its role in an adult’s healthy lifestyle in the broadest sense of the word.
The three criteria for judging are:
- Originality of research concept;
- Soundness of research design;
- Quality/clarity of research report.
From all eligible abstracts submitted, one outstanding submission will be nominated for the Award by the Symposium’s Organising Committee.
- The abstract should be as informative as possible:
- state specific object of study;
- state method used, if pertinent;
- summarise results obtained;
- state conclusions reached.
- Standard abbreviations may be used.
- Abstracts should be submitted in good English.
- Abstract length should be within one A4 page, maximum of 350 words.
- In addition include:
- Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae;
- Supervisor’s Curriculum Vitae.
The call for abstracts is for European scientists located in Europe. The work may take the form of clinical trials, surveys, retrospective studies, laboratory experiments or any other form of unpublished original work. The bulk of the work which is submitted must be performed by the author himself/herself.
Abstract, applicant’s CV and supervisor’s CV must be submitted to email@example.com before the 28th of February 2017, with the following information of the applicant:
- Title / full name;
- Telephone number;
- E-mail address.
The Award’s Winner will be invited to present his/ her work in a 5-10 minute oral presentation at the 8th European Beer and Health Symposium 2017 (20 April 2017 in Brussels). In addition the winner will receive a 500€ prize and the Young Scientist Award 2017 Trophy. His/her abstract will be published.