Parctical Information8th European Beer and Health Symposium
Attending the Symposium is free of charge. You can register here.
Museum of Natural Sciences
Rue Vautier 29
Tel: +32 (0)2 627 42 11 (mon-fri, 7.30-17.00)
- Brussels Zaventem is the main airport and where most main airlines fly into. A train will take you into Brussels centre in around half an hour. A bus will take you to Place Luxembourg (5 minutes walk from the Museum) in around half an hour. Alternatively, taxi fares are around 40 euros to Brussels centre.
- Brussels South (Charleroi) airport is where Ryanair (www.ryanair.com) flies into. Please bear in mind though that this is then a one hour bus ride into Brussels Midi station.
Parking in the museum is not allowed. Where can you park?
- Streets around the museum (often paying).
- Place Jourdan (paying). Go to Chaussée d’Etterbeek. Cross the street and enter Parc Leopold. Follow this sign
- Parking Forte dei Marmi (paying), Avenue Maelbeek 61. When you come out of the parking, you turn left and go down Avenue Maelbeek. You will see Parc Leopold at your left hand site.
Enter Parc Leopold and follow this sign
Sunday – Thursday : 7:00 – 22:00 and Friday – Saturday : 7:00 – 24:00
With your ticket you can enter and leave the parking place 24/24h.
- Parking Arts/Loi (paying), 25 Chaussée d’Etterbeek. Go down Chaussée d’Etterbeek. Cross Rue Belliard, enter Parc Leopold and follow the indications towards Museum.
Monday – Friday : 6:30 – 22 :00
- By train
Closest railway station : Bruxelles – Luxembourg : When you are in the station, look for the signs and follow them until you reach the museum. Brussels-Luxemburg Station is a 5-minute walk away from the Museum.
From Gare du Midi : By metro: Take ligne 2 or 6 in direction of Elisabeth. Change metro at Arts-Loi and take metro 5 towards Hermann-Debroux or metro 1 towards Stockel. Step out of the metro at Maelbeek and take the exit “Chaussée d’Etterbeek”. Turn to your right and go down Chaussée d’Etterbeek. Cross Rue Belliard, enter Parc Leopold and follow the indications towards the Museum:
- By bus
Bus 38 or 95, stop ‘Idalie’ (Troonstraat – Rue du Trône)
Bus 34 or 80, stop ‘Museum’ (opposite the Museum)
- By underground
Line 1 or 5, underground station ‘Maalbeek-Maelbeek’ (a 10 minutes walk from the Museum)
Line 2 of 6, underground station ‘Troon-Trône’ (a 10 minutes walk from the Museum)
- By Villo!
There are numerous ‘Villo!’ stations in the area of the Museum. The nearest station, No. 102, is situated just outside the Museum, at the bottom of the outside staircase (facing No. 229-233 Chaussée de Wavre).
More information on public transport services and itineraries
- website SNCB-NMBS* (train)
- website ‘Europe by train’* (Thalys, Eurostar …)
- website MIVB-STIB* (underground, tram, bus in Brussels)
- website De Lijn* (underground, tram, bus in Flanders)
- website TEC* (underground, tram, bus in Wallonia)
- website Villo! (self-hire bikes to rent in Brussels)
Consult Google Maps
Accommodations are not provided by the Symposium’s organisers and have to be booked by Symposiums’ participants. You can find a list of hotels located in a walking distance from the Museum of Natural Sciences here below.
Renaissance Brussels Hotel (5 Minutes walk from Museum of Natural Sciences)
19 rue du Parnasse
Brussels, 1050 Belgique
Tel : +32.2.505.29.29
Stanhope Hotel (5 Minutes walk from Museum of Natural Sciences)
Rue du Commerce 9
Thon Residence Parnasse (5 Minutes walk from Museum of Natural Sciences)
Rue d’Idalie 8
Thon Hotel EU (10 Minutes walk from Museum of Natural Sciences)
Rue de la Loi 75
Tel : +18.104.22.168.11
Radisson Red Hotel (5 Minutes walk from Museum of Natural Sciences)
Rue d´Idalie, 35
Tel: + 32.2.626.81.11
Hotel Leopold (5 Minutes walk from Museum of Natural Sciences)
Rue du Luxembourg 35
Sofitel Brussels Europe (2 Minutes walk from Museum of Natural Sciences)
Place Jourdan 1
Aloft Brussels Schuman (2 Minutes walk from Museum of Natural Sciences)
Place Jean Rey