The Programme of the 8th European Beer and Health Symposium, which will be held on the 20th of April 2017, has been released! High-level scientists will gather to address and challenge the established effects of moderate beer consumption in light of recent evolutions in drinking guidelines across Western countries, the use of new concepts in alcohol research and the state-of-play of science on cardiovascular diseases. They will also review the relationship between moderate beer consumption and diabetes as well as ageing-related diseases. The speakers will finally look at two beer specific topics: beer and rehydration as well as bringing it all together to look at moderate beer consumption and all-cause mortality. The day will be concluded by a Panel Debate.
- Prof. Ascension Marcos to make a presentation on “Beer, immune system and microbiota” at the XIth ISIN Conference on immunonutrition: immunonutrition in health and disease in London on 11 September 2018 July 19, 2018
- Association between alcohol consumption and lung cancer still unclear July 18, 2018
- Limited evidence for association between alcohol consumption and prostate cancer July 5, 2018
- First meta-analysis on alcohol consumption and perceived attractiveness of others June 12, 2018
- Alcohol affects facial expression of emotions in social drinkers May 29, 2018