The Programme of the 8th European Beer and Health Symposium, which will be held on the 20th of April 2017, has been released! High-level scientists will gather to address and challenge the established effects of moderate beer consumption in light of recent evolutions in drinking guidelines across Western countries, the use of new concepts in alcohol research and the state-of-play of science on cardiovascular diseases. They will also review the relationship between moderate beer consumption and diabetes as well as ageing-related diseases. The speakers will finally look at two beer specific topics: beer and rehydration as well as bringing it all together to look at moderate beer consumption and all-cause mortality. The day will be concluded by a Panel Debate.
- Alcohol consumption and healthy ageing: more research needed May 22, 2018
- First meta-analysis finds association between alcohol consumption and premenstrual syndrome May 15, 2018
- 39th IMAG Conference The International Meeting on Alcohol and Global Health April 24, 2018
- More research needed on effect of alcohol consumption on gastrointestinal cancer survival April 19, 2018
- Healthy lifestyle, including moderate alcohol consumption, lowers the risk of CVD and mortality in older women April 9, 2018